This web site has been eco-designed
Optimized following the internet eco-design rules (more than 115 good practices of conception and development) that aim to reduce the environmental impact, this site uses a static website generator, the ultimate eco-designed content management system.
- Reduce application's ecological footprint from 30 to 50%
- Improve performances up to 70%
- Help fighting against planned obsolescence
- Contribute to digital divide reduction
- Convert a commitment to sustainable development into a digital product
- Bring meaning to communication
What is an eco-designed software ?
Information and communications technologies bring services in every sectors. Often innovative, they could contribute to improve environment.
But their own environmental impacts should not be neglected:
- Hardware manufacture phase
Energy for minerals extraction and production (greenhouse gases) using non-renewable resources, using or spilling toxic chemical substances.
- Devices usage phase
Basically, the power consumption (greenhouse and other pollutants gases emissions).
- Devices and of life phase
WEEE (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment) generate multiple pollution. A very few amount is collected to be recycled.
Do you want to know more about eco-designed softwares?
Consult this dedicated website www.frugal-IT.green